Monday 23 July 2012

Olympic shorts (1) ……


I actually have some Olympic tickets. I am not sure if this should be a matter of pride or something that I should mumble quickly while discussing the latest bout of quantitative easing or Spanish bond yields but yes, I admit it, I do have some tickets.

As a result of my good fortune I have received a steady stream of e-mails from both the Olympic ticketing authorities and Transport for London, explaining how I can make sure I make the most of this once in a lifetime experience while the same time getting ahead of the games. Chance would be a fine thing.

One of the events I shall be attending makes it clear that I will need plenty of time to get to the venue, that the usual transport timetables may not apply (no change there then), that taking a bag will cause even more delay, that I can only bring a small (empty) water bottle, and to remember to pack my Visa or cash as some of the vendors will not accept a card and no cash points will be available. I even received a text advising me to check my account for this important, nay, critical e-mail, the failure to read could lead to me missing my event.

Oh and then I am reminded weekly of the various pieces of official merchandise and souvenirs we can buy. Some may even be tasteful and value for money. But presumably I can only buy them if I use a Visa card…

And of course, like all business owners and advisors, I have been inundated with advice on how to avoid disruption, arrange for staff to work remotely, make sure I don’t discriminate when allocating holidays or allowing staff to watch, and most importantly of all avoid impinging on the valuable trademark that is the Olympic Games (will the editor retitle this blog as a result?).

Hmm. I am going to do my best to have fun and enjoy the whole thing but boy are they making it difficult…

No comments:

Post a Comment